Friday 5 October 2012

Overture

So, this is my (Victoria's) brand new blog about the Geography of Singing. What I will be aiming to do in my blog is to talk about the origins of singing and how it is interpreted in different civilisations. I am going to be profiling traditional singing from each of the seven continents of the world and I will be trying to keep singing puns to a minimum.

I have been classically trained for two years now and will be doing my Grade IV Voice Exam in May. I sing in three choirs and am currently taking part in my school's production of Les Miserables so I am a very keen singer.

Now, some of you bloggers out there must be conjuring up images of fat ladies in corsets singing arias but that really isn't the case. I'm going to be aiming to cast those images out of your mind and replace them with much more interesting and modern images of singers.

So BASSically (sorry!) this blog is going to be me trying to get more people interested in singing and trying to make singing more accessible to everyone so please keep reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment